News: Join our online trucking community today! ProTrucker.Net is a great trucking community and forum where drivers can chat and share information about the industry.

Author Topic: Are Truck - Tracking Apps Like MacroPoint Safe Or Loaded With Spyware?  (Read 62 times)

Offline delta5

https://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/threads/brokers-want-to-track-me.938296/

Here is an interesting thread about these new phone apps that allow brokers and their customers to track trucks while hauling their freight.

The scary part is that they could contain spyware. Read the TOS and I hear that you give permission to let them have full access to all your files. They claim the brokers only get tracking info. I wonder what data and info they are gleaning and selling, just like all the other "free" apps like Twitter.

The following users thanked this post: TXdriver77

Offline TXdriver77

The following users thanked this post: delta5

Offline delta5

Re: Are Truck - Tracking Apps Like MacroPoint Safe Or Loaded With Spyware?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 10:12:23 AM »
   My company just installed PeopleNet in our trucks. Our regular customers can connect and track their freight, so why should I allow brokers access my personal phone with questionable software? I dont care if they want to track me. That's not the point. I dont want spy/mal/ransomware on my phone.

MacroPoint IS on the google android store, so if the broker sends me the link to that, it's probably safe. But I have also had brokers send me links to other tracking programs that are coming from God knows where, and I refuse to install them. They can kiss my ass.

The following users thanked this post: TXdriver77